If you don’t like this page, please go view Tim’s and enjoy…
Contact (back to top)
- Mailing Address: Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Linnaeus Way, Bldg 134, Acton, ACT 2601, Australia
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (+61)261251707
Education (back to top)
- PhD in statistics, Purdue University, December 2007
- MS in mathematical statistics, Purdue University, May 2003
- MS in probability and statistics, Wuhan University, June 1998
Position (back to top)
Lab Role (back to top)
Responsible for statistical analysis of biological data, including genome-wide association studies (GWAS) of various phenotypes that aim to discover genetic variants and their interactions with environmental factors.
Expertise (back to top)
Statistics, statistical genetics/genomics and statistical computing.
Research Interests (back to top)
Identifying genetic variant underlying complex traits and their interaction with environmental factors is challenging. It requires specialized statistical methodology and computational tools. My research is to develop state-of-the-art methods and efficient algorithms for analysis of complex traits. In addition to analyzing multiple traits separately, I also study how to best analyze them jointly and produce results that facilitate biological interpretation.
Work Experience (back to top)
- Research Fellow (Nov. 2012 – Present), Research School of Biology, The Australian National University, Acton, ACT 2601, Australia.
- Senior Research Statistician (Mar. 2011 – Oct. 2012), Department of Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA.
- Postdoctoral Scholar (Apr. 2008 – Feb. 2011), Department of Human Genetics, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA.
- Research Assistant (Aug. 2003 – Dec. 2007), Department of Statistics, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA.
Selected Publications (back to top)
- T.B. Brown, R. Cheng, X.R. Sirault, T. Rungrat, K.D. Murray, M. Trtilek, R.T. Furbank, M. Badger, B.J. Pogson, J.O. Borevitz (2014). TraitCapture: genomic and environment modelling of plant phenomic data, Curr. Opin. Plant Biol. 18: 73-79.
- Y. Li, R. Cheng, K.A. Spokas, A.A. Palmer and J.O. Borevitz (2014). Genetic variation for life history sensitivity to seasonal warming in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics 196(2): 569-577.
- R. Cheng, J. Borevitz and R.W. Doerge (2013). Selecting informative traits for multivariate quantitative trait locus mapping helps to gain optimal power. Genetics 195(3): 683-691.
- R. Cheng, C.C Parker, M. Abney and A.A. Palmer (2013). Practical considerations regarding the use of genotype and pedigree data to model relatedness in the context of genome-wide association studies. G3 3(10): 1861-1867.
- R. Cheng, J.E. Lim, K.E. Samocha, G. Sokoloff, M. Abney, A.D. Skol and A.A. Palmer (2010). Genome-wide association studies and the problem of relatedness among advanced intercross lines and other highly recombinant populations. Genetics 185(3): 1033-1044.
Other Links (back to top)
©2015 Riyan Cheng